Josef von Nostitz - Rieneck
1764 - 1849
Johann Wenzel Nostitz - Rieneck
1791 - 1852
Hermann Diedrich Lindheim
1790 - 1860
Josefova Hut lies about 2 km north from village Pavlov-ice in the valley of the river Mže.
In the 30. years of the 19th. century the mining of iron ore was started by owner of valley count Jan Václav Nostitz – Rieneck. In the year 1838 on the border of cadastre of the Pavlovice he begun the production in ironwork and named it after the founder Josef von Nostitz – Rieneck /1764-1849/ – JOSEFOVA HUT /Josefihütte/. In the year 1840 the iron ore celaning fabric was in set up in Josefova Hut. In 1843 the whole area burned down. During the following year 1844 a prussian nobleman Dietrich von Lindheim bought the whole area for 300,000 florentians and turned it into a large steel factory which became the first in the Czezh republic which supplied the track rails for the first railways lines. Already in 1845 he employed the operation of around 500 workers and later over 1000. From the year 1871 was Ironwork where were made primarily the railroad tracks linked to the recently completed line Plzeň – Cheb. In 1880 Joseph’s Hut turned into Prague’s Ironwork company and the operation was modified for the production of zinc sheet. The energy of the river water was replaced in that time by steam and electrical energy. In 1890 J.H. was sold the knight Škoda, founder of Pilsen’s Skoda Josef Halbmayer – hotel owner in Mariánské Láznĕ and his brother Max Halbmayer the owner of the mill in Pilsen. These owners have introduced here the production of cellulose /sulphite pulp/ on new machines. There were empoyed 250 workers for which was built the whole working colony. The end of the 90. years due to financial crisis was the production of cellulose stopped and factory was closed. The beginning of the 20th. century have gone the area of Pavlovice with its surroundings back to agricultural land which were from 13. century. Fame and golden age of all those businesses lasted for less than 100 years and people from there had to move away to find their working opportunity. After 1945 the displacement of the German population from a wide area had made situation in area just more complex. The new settlement was not very succesful and this has led to the disappearance of homan settlements in the vast western areas of the former district Tachov where Pavlovice geographically belongs.
1830 – The mining of iron ore was started by owner of valley count Jan Václav Nostitz – Rieneck
1838 – Begun the production in ironwork and named it Josefihütte
1838 – The iron ore cleaning fabric was in set up.
1843 – The whole area burned down
1844 – Dietrich von Lindheim bought the whole area.
1845 – Employed 500 workers and later 1000.
1871 – Ironwork.
1880 – Was sold the knight Škoda, Josef and his brother Max Halbmayer.
1893 – The production of cellulose on new machines. Was built the whole working colony.
1900 – Due to financial crisis the factory was closed.
20th. – Back to agricultural land which were from 13. century.
1945 – Displacement of the German population from a wide area.
1994 – children camp
2018 – The new owner QPC begins the reconstruction
Josefova Hut / Pavlovice / is tiny village “at the end of the world” where you can easily find a rest for your body and peace of mind, far away from the chaotic city pace of life. Unspoilt nature, forests loaded with porcini mushrooms, organic veggies from nearby farm, hiking and biking routes and many more activities are waiting for you in this piece of green heaven.
Area is Surrounded by The River Mže valley consists of granodiorites, schists and phyllites in particular.
The steep slopes with rocky outcrops, debris and rarely “stone seas” are around area Josefova Hut The majestic Mže river valley forms a rocky defile, which represents a remarkable profile of Proterozoic rocks with not to be missed geomorphological aspects. Hills on the edge of the valley as e.g. at Výhledy by Pavlovice reach up to 585 meters. A number of native plant communities is preserved in the vicinity of the river, on the rocks and plains.
1. Hiking – many marked footpaths all around the area and along the river Mže
2. Biking – mountain biking routes and marked cycling trails. Bike hire and service.
3. Horse Riding – you can try riding a horse and feel the nature from the saddle.
4. Scooters – Try a ride on an all-terrain scooter down from the ridges.
5. Long Boarding – adrenaline rides on valley solid asphalt roads.
6. Train Excursion – TrainTry a relaxing circuit on the little excursion train from the station Pavlovice.
7. Nearest Mobile Network Communication and WI-FI cellular phone spot.
8. Beer Museum – House nr.88
9. Protected National Nature Reservoir – Pavlovická stráň.
10. Natural swimming pool – Lom Pavlovice.
11. Weir /Water Tourism/ – Red Brick House /kaskady/
12. Well /Spring/ – clear drinkable mountain water /studňa/
13. Waterfall – Pavlovcký vodopád
14. Camping and open air festival area
10 rooms / 5 apartments / 1 penthouse
Main Hotel Building *****
- Refurbished / Renewed Area: 1600 M2
- 5* category hotel services
- Fully equipped apartments with short & long term booking option
Reception / Fine dining / Cigar Bar / Library / Sauna
12 rooms / 3 apartments
Conference Hotel ****
- Refurbished / Renewed Area: 800 M2
- 4* category hotel services
- Conference room up to 50 person
Coctail Bar / Media Lounge / Conference room
INVEST IN FIRST PHASE OF PROJECT
with a minimum of 20% ROI